Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ducky Chrismon to You!



I received a small gift a few days ago from someone special...

A rubber duck that quacks and shines a blue light from its beak.

It's awesome.

I am pretty sure that it was not intended to be used as a Christmas Tree Ornament--but I am.

Let me explain.

I attended a Lutheran Church this morning and they had the congregation hang chrismons on a Christmas tree.

Now, I'm not a Lutheran by tradition, so this chrismon thing was new to me...
(A chrismon is one of a number of Christian symbols intended to represent aspects of the Person, life or ministry of Jesus Christ through a single image, emblem or monogram.)    
I have been missing out on a nice tradition all these years.

Strangely, when I returned home from church, I felt  compelled to hang my yellow rubber duck that quacks and shines a blue light from it beak upon my Christmas Tree.

So I did. 



Yes, I know that a yellow rubber duck does not represent a Biblical or theological concept;

But for life as it is right now...
It could very well be a Chrismon. 

 It reminds me to let it go,
extend grace,
 embrace Truth,
and be eternally grateful for all that is good in life.

(Yes, I get that message from a little yellow Chrismon duck).
Sorry if you can't see it...I guess you had to be there.

Perhaps this quote will help.

That's my gift. I let that negativity roll off me like water off a duck's back.
 If it's not positive, I didn't hear it.
If you can overcome that, fights are easy.


~ George Foreman  

No comments:

Post a Comment