Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Whisper a Prayer

A Whispered Prayer...

Father,

"We thank-you that you have provided redemption and healing
throughthe precious blood of your Son, Jesus.

God we ask that you would touch Jenny's body with your healing power.
 God speak life, strength, and healing on her behalf."

~Amen
 
 
I know He hears me even when I whisper...
 
But I know that I am not always so great
a listener for His response.
 
The Lord said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by."
Then after a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord,
but the Lord was not in the wind.
After the wind there was an earthquake,
but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 
After the earthquake came a fire,
but the Lord was not in the fire.
And after the fire came a gentle whisper...
I Kings 19:11-12
 
Dear Lord,
 
We know that you reveal yourself in the powerful and the miraculous but I thank you for this reminder that sometimes it is easy to miss you in the bustle of the everyday.
I pray that as Jenny and Luke return today that you pour out an abundant measure of peace
 and a release from the busyness of life,
as they humbly listen for your gentle whisper.
 
Amen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment