Sunday, September 5, 2010

Regarding Monsters & Miracles



I have never seen a greater monster

or miracle than myself~

Montaigne

Have you ever had a life experience that is just too painful to talk about? An event that you throw into the back of the mustiest and dustiest of closets and you gently, yet firmly close that door...forever

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think about the closet and its contents on a daily bases. I often reach out toward the knob as if to open it and then I quickly withdraw my hand and I think, "No, not today...today is not a good day...I don't have the energy...it is still so shameful...and besides, I still can't find the words for what happened that horrible day..."

The contents of this closet have only been discussed in the presence of:


  1. The Hubby

  2. The Therapist

  3. The Pastor

  4. The BFF

(and let me tell you, talking to #3 was a HUGE mistake)

Well, today is my 46 Birthday...and I recieved the best(est) Birthday gift EVER!

I recieved WORDS...

Oh, granted these WORDS made me cry...

However, these WORDS slipped inside the sacred closet... subdued shame...and sent peace...

I have been slowly learning that healing for me begins as the WORDS begin to form--because the secrets will keep you sick...

"Thank-you Abba for this experience called life"
and
"Thank-you BFF for obediently using your gift"

1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome.

    I'm so glad you feel the way you do about it. Cause I was a little unsure if I should go there. I'm so glad it helped. God did that.

    xo

    ReplyDelete