Thursday, September 2, 2010










I am a nurse.




Sometimes I hate being a nurse.




Sometimes I even hate nurses.





Myself included.





I am feeling ambivilent about my chosen profession.





Unsettled.





Shaky.




Even a little quesy.




In 21 years as a Registered Nurse I have only ONE distinct memory of regretting my career choice because a nurse-patient interaction. (a patient was verbally critical & sarcastic)





Whereas...




In 21 years as a Registered Nurse I have COUNTLESS recollections of regretting my career choice because of nurse-nurse interactions.




This phenomena is called 'lateral violence'.




If you still don't believe me here is another really good article.



I am tired.




I am in need of perspective.




I am in need of serenity.





I am in need of courage.



I am in need of wisdom.



I am in need of ....








A NEW JOB!!!!


Please click on the empty beer cans for an attitude adjustment!
It worked for me!!!

Dedicated to KF... you make me smile...


No comments:

Post a Comment