Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Truffle Shuffle


It is no secret--I carry a few extra pounds around the middle.

This summer I thought that I would get this problem licked...but my efforts to lose weight have been frustratingly slow & complicated by self-pity. i.e. "I work hard, therefore I deserve to eat anything I want, as much as I want".


Anyway, the other day as I walked with my daughter, I was belaboring the fact that despite all the hard work and exercise I have only lost 13# this summer. At the time, I was simultaneously feeling both silly & discouraged. (I know--a strange combination--but it works for me)



Nano-seconds later, I had a strong physical compulsion to demonstrate the extent of my need for abdominal-lipo-cellulitical transformation that I lifted my shirt, waggled and girated my belly and pranced in circles on a quite well-traveled public road. This dance I performed was really quite liberating...I honestly had a moment of not caring what anyone thought of me. It was wonderful...


Add to my delight! Rather than gasp in horror at my blubbery belly dance, Kendra started to giggle uncontrollably. "Momma, you are doing the 'truffle dance'!" and she grinned...and then I grinned...


Now I had never heard of this "truffle dance" a.k.a. "truffle shuffle". So I had to Google it. And here it is....Enjoy!...and use your imagination...pretend that Chunk is The Church Organist Daughter...





1 comment:

  1. I love it that you did that. You're the BEST.

    ReplyDelete