Thursday, June 24, 2010

Prayer


"Once a prayer is uttered it belongs to eternity..."

A statement I once heard.


And I am pretty sure that I didn't make it up.



As I am neither theologically nor philosophically



savvy enough to come up with this supposition



all on my own.




Personally, I like this concept and I do hope that it is really true.



And this is why:

First, I need to define for you what I think "eternity" is. I'd like to think of eternity as "the absence of time" (I know I'm being very simplistic--but remember I'm just a nurse, mother and wife not a time, spacial, dimensional, physicist/theologian type person).


  • Then if I use my imagination-- I can choose to believe that once a prayer is spoken (or thought, or whispered, or shouted, or wept) into existence it becomes a part of something that has always been, always is, and always will be... It returns to that realm where "a day is but a thousand years and a thousand years is but a day" (Reference: Someplace in the Bible).


  • It also makes me believe that every prayer I've ever prayed or ever will pray become so much more once they leave my lips. They become shield, covering and protection woven together by nail pierced hands.


  • Remember. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow. And for all eternity--He's got you covered.

After this manner therefore pray ye...
Our Father which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespassess, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power,
and the glory, forever.
Amen.

Mt 6.9-13











No comments:

Post a Comment