- Thou shalt be social
- Thou shalt go to AA
- Thou shalt be Honest-- Open minded--Willing (HOW)
- Thou shalt be accountable
- Thou shalt maintain regular contact with a sponsor
- Thou shalt see a counselor
- Thou shalt relinquish control
- Thou shalt cultivate a relationship with your "Higher Power"
- Thou shalt do all of the above while maintaining marriage, family, home and employment
- Thou shalt KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)--yea right!
I would be a fool to proclaim mastery of these "commandments", and I do see their merit; however, I feel that one important "thou shalt" was ommitted:
Thou shalt be tired and twisted--
cuz that is how I feel...
Well, I am trying to follow the rules and something still is not right. And I hope you can appreciate the precarious situation I am putting myself in by admitting that my serenity crown is cock-eyed and sits askew on my head. To those of you who love me, I assure you that I am fine, there is no need to intervene. 100% serenity is not realistic. A bad day. A bad week. That will happen. I really am okay. I am just not always that comfortable in these new clothes that I wear. They sometimes feel stiff and scratchy. To be honest, these new garments don't always cover as well as the old rags did. A 'wardrobe malfunction' is my biggest fear. I also feel fairly certain that this uncomfortable twisted sensation that I have comes from these brand new duds. I pray that I will one day grow into them and I pray, pray even more...that someone picks the wedgie out!